Do you snore? Wake up not feeling rested? Does a sleeping partner say you gasp for air or sound like you are choking when you sleep? You may have sleep apnea. One reason for sleep apnea is a restricted airway due to the tongue falling back. If you cannot wear a C-PAP machine, there are oral appliances that can be made to hold your lower jaw forward, opening your airway.
- What is sleep apnea?
- Dangers of sleep apnea are that it increases your risk for heart attacks and strokes because oxygen does not get to these areas when airway is closed off
- Increased risk for falling asleep at wheel and car accidents
- Ask your physician or dentist to screen you today!
- Learn about dental role in managing sleep apnea.
- Sleep apnea and oral health links