Special attention must be taken to your mouth if you are in cancer treatment. Radiation and chemotherapy drugs cause dry mouth, which is a high risk factor for dental decay. It is important to take steps to prevent dry mouth and have a dental screening before treatment to rule out dental infections or decay.
- How to identify signs of oral cancer?
- What oral conditions does oral cancer cause?
- Basic oral health care during cancer treatment.
- Radiation can cause cavities. Learn more here
- Three Good Reasons to see Dentist before Cancer Treatment